It has been nearly six months since both Peng and I moved here. How have we been? Well, to be honest, God has been really good to us. We have settled in quite quickly and are building relationships especially in the church.
| Raymond, Michelle and Alex Yeo & Mabel Wong... good friends of ours in Dunedin. |
One of the things I thank God for is the fact we have found good friends who enjoy eating just as we do... YES! they are Malaysians who have moved here too.
For the past few months here, we have enjoyed foods like Nasi Lemak (coconut cream rice), prawn mee, mixed vegetarian dish, taro cake, Bak Kut Teh, egg tart, sambal, chicken rice, BBQ pork, garlic rice, taro rice, Ayam Berempah (Spiced chicken), Assam Fish curry, wantan mee, butter prawns, onde-onde; some made by myself but mostly Michelle who cooked them (and Mabel made wantan mee)
Besides just the Malaysian foods, I have been introduced to awesome western cuisine that Raymond especially is "pro" at. One of it being Beef Wellington. I can drool over it now just at the thought of it.
Foods aside, these friends have been a great blessing to us as they open up their home and their lives ... just being real and sharing their time, effort and love which has made our transition far smoother than we could ever imagine.
I currently volunteer once a week in the church office and have been putting my guitar skills at work on Sunday services. Never have I thought my level of guitar skills can be used in a band setting... and to be honest, I am still rather stressed playing the guitar on stage... but God just knows how to make it work the moment the service starts. So, praise be to God.
We are truly enjoying the life here in Dunedin and am excited what God has planned for us here. It is with much excitement but yet with fear and trembling of the things God is accelerating in my life here at Dunedin. I can't exactly tell but to see the things God has been doing in me and through me is indeed a feat.
No comments:
Post a Comment